Bug On The Run

Early start to a long running career for one little womyn.

Saturday, June 05, 2004

My First Blog

Okay, we are using Mom's blog account to get me started and Mom is doing most of the typing for me still because I'm just learning to type properly. I'm going to be a lot like her because we both have straight brown hair, we both like to run and we will both be able to type on our blogs about running. So, my nick-name is Bug and I love to run. I wanted to keep a fitness journal like Mom does so I have one I can write in and this one online. I'm going to do this one in English though so that my Mom's friends can read it and they can give me comments and help and encouragement. That's what they do for her and she really likes it.

Today's Run

Today I started 'officially' being a runner. Mom was saying it's good to start so young (I'm less old than a teenager but you're not supposed to tell people too much about yourself on the internet) because kids naturally run really well without even thinking about it. My first goal will be to do our long block the whole way without stopping. That's about 1200 meters. I did the short block today and did a walk/run split. That's about 600 meters. I'm not going to time myself though until after I can reach my first goal. Then I'll start timing myself to set new goals and stuff.

How I Felt

Well I didn't have any trouble and when I was breathing too much I just slowed down and walked. You don't have to always run your fastest you know? You can just sort of run like fastish without going top speed and that way you are running but not getting tired out too fast. Oh, I have to take my ventolin with me because I have asthma when I have a cold and I have a cold right now BUT I totally didn't have to use it.

Later Gators

6 Comments:

  • At June 5, 2004 at 3:43 p.m., Blogger Reba said…

    I'm super proud of you Bug! Good job on your first run! Love, Maman

     
  • At June 5, 2004 at 6:07 p.m., Blogger Unknown said…

    Welcome to blogging and running, Bug! I've been reading your mom's blog for a while so I'll have to keep an eye on yours as well. Good luck in your training and running (and typing!).

     
  • At June 5, 2004 at 7:52 p.m., Blogger Reba said…

    thank you Marshall :) from Bug

     
  • At June 5, 2004 at 11:17 p.m., Blogger Mark said…

    Well Bug - this is just terrific! Congratulations on making three terrific choices:

    1) Running
    2) Blogging
    3) Picking a great mom!

    We'll keep an eye on you and give you all the support you can handle...

    All the best to you!

     
  • At June 6, 2004 at 5:26 p.m., Blogger Reba said…

    Mark, thanks for your support. I like your name 'cause it is the same as my Dads. My Mom liked what you said. :)

    Chris, I LOL at you running for the ice cream man. My first language is English but I'm in French immersion and I have to practice in French mostly so that I can be really good at it. I'm on level 14/15 French reading now which is almost on chapter books! :)

    Later Gators, Bug

     
  • At June 6, 2004 at 11:43 p.m., Blogger Mark said…

    okay Bug - since you insisted ;) #4 is choosing a dad with such a great name!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home